Saturday 13 June 2015 brought 640 cyclists to the 10th annual Fun Run of the Glens event, organised by Fujitsu. Participants cycled either a 25 mile, 50 mile or 100 mile route through the spectacular Glens of Antrim in Northern Ireland. The participants selflessly completed this challenge in support of two charities:-
- Cancer Focus who provide support for cancer patients and bring a more hopeful future to thousands by funding research into cancer.
- Marie Curie who offer care, guidance and support to those suffering from terminal illnesses and their families.
With the cyclists raising a significant £48,053 for the above charities through sponsorships, the RRT volunteers from Belfast were glad to be involved in the event which was filled with enthusiasm and a community spirit. Assistance provided by the RRT included:
- Help with registration of the participants at the start of the event
- Route marshalling and traffic control
- Photography of the cyclists at different stages throughout the route
- Refreshments marquee
- Finish line services
Further donations are welcome in support of the D’FROG 2015 at https://www.justgiving.com/FROG2015/
The organiser thanked the Rapid Relief Team (RRT) for their participation in the event, commenting:
“Extremely well received by everyone; well planned, well executed, well delivered, easy to work with.”
RRT look forward to supporting this event and similar in the future.